Thank you for choosing to find out more about Ms. Ringgold. For a first hand account of her life, inspirational stories and answers to your questions please read "We Flew Over the Bridge: The Memoirs of Faith Ringgold."
Two books with Faith ringgold's large color reproductions, quilt text, essays and more;"Dancing at the Louvre: Faith Ringgold's French Collection and Other Stories" and "Faith Ringgold: A View from the Studio." If you want to focus your research on Ms Ringgold's work from the 60's and 70's read Art on Fire by Lisa Farrington. Young readers should reference "Talking to Faith Ringgold"by Ringgold, Freeman and Roucher and Getting to Know the World Greatest Artists by Mike Venezia.
Publications by Faith Ringgold
1. Tar Beach, Crown Publishing Company, New York, New York.
2.Aunt Harriet's Underground Railroad in the Sky, Random House,
Crown Publishers, New York, New York.
3. Dinner at Aunt Connie’s House, Hyperion Books For Children,
New York, New York.
4. We Flew Over The Bridge: Memoirs of Faith Ringgold Second
printing by Duke University Press 2005
5. Talking To Faith Ringgold, by Faith Ringgold, Linda Freeman
and Nancy Roucher, Crown Books for Young Readers, New York,
6. Seven Passages To A Flight, an artist’s book, Brighton Press,
San Diego, California.
7. Bonjour Lonnie, Hyperion Books for Young Readers, New York,
8. My Dream of Martin Luther King, Crown Books for Young
Readers, New York, New York.